As we approached the end of our 4th road season here at The ChainStay we have been quite pleased with the progression of the house and all that we have done. For 2013 we want to continue that development and are now setting specified times in the year where we are running development programs for young and talented cyclists coming to Belgium.
So without further ado, here is our 2013 Development Program Schedule:
- March 1st to 18th – Junior (17-18) and Youth (15-16) Spring Break Development Camp
- April 12th to June 20th – Elite and U23 Development Block (10 Weeks)
- July 9th to August 20th – Junior (17-18) and Youth (15-16) Summer Development Camp
Each of these Development Programs is designed to give each rider the most out of their trip. New for 2013 is the formation of a The ChainStay Cycling Team that will be made available to all of our guests. You will have the option of racing either under your own club/teams jersey, or racing under our house team’s jersey in the open Kermis races, but with the formation of our team we will be able to enter riders into bigger interclub races and expose riders to bigger and better races.
We are also working on partnering with companies for 2013, looking to provide better and expanding service to all of our guests and make your time in Belgium is the best learning experience for your development in cycling.
Our Junior and Youth Development Camps will be run by Vertex Cycling, so all the relevent information for those camps can be found on their website. Tim Redus is a long-time partner of The ChainStay and we look forward to working with him again in 2013.
- Minimum of 2 supported races each week (transportation, logistics and feed support)
- Training Advice both pre-arrival and during
- Weekly Group Meetings to discuss race tactics, training, nutrition and other cycling related topics
- Possibly of Interclub or UCI races (subject to acceptance of our entry)
- Moped Motorpacing schedule during the camp, especially in the lead up to Nationals to help peak riders
- Arranging of group activities around Belgium or to view major races in Belgium
- Transportation to and from the Airport when arriving or departing in our designated windows, pick-up on other dates can be arranged for a fee.
- Also included are two jerseys and two shorts of The ChainStay Team Clothing.
Our Elite/U23 Block is designed to give you all you need to get the most out of your time in Belgium. A warm and inviting enviroment to stay, awesome training roads and advice, a team with the possiblity of Interclub events and the support to be able to develop better and learn more in a short trip to Belgium.
The cost of our Elite/U23 program is €180 euros a week with a minimum of 5 weeks. We do suggest that if you can, please book in for the full 10-weeks of the program, as it gives you the most time to adapt to Belgium and develop, plus we have a special rate of €1500 euros (€150 a week) for a full program stay. This program is limited to just 10 riders and is on a first-come first-serve basis. There is also a possibility to stay longer at The ChainStay for those who would be interested.
If you know of someone who would be interested in our program, be sure to share it with them and we look forward to helping the future of our sport become the stars of tomorrow.
Gregg Germer, Co-Owner, The ChainStay